Yes, but Daddy's in politics. He has to be ingratiating.
对,可你爸是政客,政客就是拍马屁嘛。
A few critics called him bland and ingratiating.
一些评论家说他平平无奇且善于逢迎。
But by the new century he was ingratiating himself.
但是进入新世纪后,他开始迎合献媚。
" John! " ventured a small ingratiating voice from the bathroom. " John! "
“约翰,”浴室里传来一阵哀求,“约翰。”
Jobs had an easier time ingratiating himself with the engineers who worked one floor above.
与在楼上工作工程师们相处甚欢。
Susan was furious with Edie for using a dog to ingratiate herself with its owner.
Susan很生气,因为Edie利用一只狗去博取他主人欢心。
Well, I have, uh, " an ingratiating wit, trustworthy smile, " according to the Plainview Herald.
我有 " 出众智慧,迷人笑容" 《普莱维先驱报》是这么评价。
My new roommate is bending over backwards to ingratiate himself to me. Uh, nice touch, by the way.
这是我新室友在不遗余力地迎合讨我 顺便说 胸牌别。
Mr. Epstein tried desperately to ingratiate himself with fellow inmates, the consultant who had spoken with inmates said.
爱普坦曾拼命讨狱友,上文提到那位曾和该监狱多名囚犯交谈过顾问透露。
His vices are introduced alongside some deeply ingratiating qualities.
他恶习与一些非常讨人喜欢品质一起被介绍。
You can also say, " I'm going to ingratiate myself with" someone.
你也可以说,“我要讨”某人。
Don't try to ingratiate yourself with me.
别把您拍马屁功夫用在我身上。
Suppose you had visited Napoleon in Elba and had sought to ingratiate yourself with him.
假设你曾在厄尔巴岛拜访过拿破仑,并试图讨他。
Now, we must invade people's homes and ingratiate ourselves with them.
现在却得闯进民宅,讨百姓。
Widener displayed precisely these same qualities of ingratiating arrogance and good-natured contempt as a Philadelphia politician.
威德纳恰恰表现出了与费城政客相同逢迎傲慢和善意蔑视品质。
" To ingratiate yourself" means to say something to someone in order for that person to like you.
“讨自己”意思是为了让那个人喜欢你而对某人说些什么。
She ingratiates herself first with a group of partygoers, then a kindly housekeeper, then a troubled teenage boy.
她先是讨一群参加派对人,然后是一位心管家, 然后是一个麻烦不断十几岁男孩。
She was now continually in his presence: She strove to ingratiate herself into his favour: She succeeded.
并被接受了。 她现在经常出现在他面前:她努力讨他:她成功了。
If you have a question or comment, you don't need to ingratiate yourself to me, although that never hurts.
如果你有问题或评论, 你不需要向我讨,尽管那永远不会伤害。
To curry favour, meaning to ingratiate yourself with someone, has nothing to do with buttering them up by buying them a vindaloo.
讨, 意思是讨某人,与通过给他们买一个 vindaloo 来讨他们无关。
关注我们的微信
下载手机客户端
划词翻译
详细解释