OG02 Recording 7-11
Recording 7-1. We had a good response to our survey and we found that while 80% of our students drink coffee, only 15% drink tea, with the rest preferring water.
2. Over 800,000 people in the US are estimated to have tried skiing. This may seem a large number but it represents just over 0.26% of the total population of 300 million. So, per capita, it is surprisingly small.
3. It is estimated that India is home to between 38,000 and 53,000 wild elephants, while Africa has between 470,000 and 690,000. Exact figures are difficult to determine.
4. An elephant can weight between 2.5 and 5 tonnes. This is comparable to the tongue of blue whale, which alone can weight 2.7 tonnes. In fact, a blue whale can weight 15 times more than an elephant, and can grow to about 10 times the size of a standard bus.
Recording 8-1. A: Good morning. Harrison Travel Agency, how can I help u? H: Oh, good morning, I'm thinking of going on a skiing trip. Can you tell me about any good offers on the moment?
2. A: Welcome to the York Hotel, are you checking in? B: Yes, that's right. My name's Bob Clarke. I have got a booking. A: Great. I'll just get a few personal details from you.
3. A: Well, I don't think I have any more questions. Is there anything you'd like to ask me about the job? B: yes, t was wondering if it involves a lot of travel, and what the working hours are.
Recording 9. A: This one is a good deal. It costs £150 and airfares are included in that price. Once you land, you still need to get to the ski slopes. It's a two-hour journey. B: Yes, I know, I have a friend there who's going to meet me and we'll travel together.
A: Oh. that's fine, I usually organize a coach ticket for my customers, because a taxi is far too expensive. But a lift from a local is even better. What about skiing equipment?
B: I have already got all of that. but I would like to arrange insurance if that's possible. A: Yes, of course. And it's a very good idea for a holiday like that. 下载全新《每日英语听力》客户端，查看完整内容